This is the list of what has changed since the first Alpha version of Duik Bassel (16)
16.1.0 (in development)
This part will be completed when 16.1.0 will be released… Be patient ;)
- Fixed the Connector when an angle is used as a controller property and in some cases there is a jump of 360 degrees, and IK rotation values.
- Fixed Scale Z-Link.
- Fixed the Randomize tool when used on keyframe times in absolute mode.
- [Alt + Click] on the Zero button resets the position, rotation and scale of the layer.
- UI: The buttons can now be clicked anywhere and not only on the text or the icon (except on CS6).
- Fixed the issue when sometimes two Bones were created for the same puppet pin.
- Fixed the expressions for the walk cycle with the new expression engine. If errors are still generated, you can jut ignore them, they’ll disappear as soon as you use the controller.
- Slider, 2D-slider and angle controllers are no longer broken when there are layers selected in the composition before creating them.
- The Spring expressions have been fixed and improved for After Effects 16.0
- Copy/Paste animation, which was broken in 16.0.8, is fixed
- The Extract controllers can now extract the controllers from two rigs in the same composition.
- Bones on puppet pins are named after the correponding pin.
- Fixed Bones creation on pins with Ae CC2018 and older.
- The Storyboarder importer now imports empty boards too.
- The Walk Cycle now works with the new expression engine in After Effects 16.0
- The rigging tools panel is displaying again.
- Adding Bones on scaled layers no longer moves them to another location.
- The Bones can control the new puppet pins in After Effects 16.0: they handle the rotation and scale of the pins too.
- Expressions used by Duik have been improved for the new expression engine in After Effects 16.0
- Random tool now correctly sets values on animated properties.
- Parent Constraint now works when the dimensions of the position are separated.
- Storyboarder import fixed (again).
- Extract Controllers now works correctly when dimensions are separated on the controllers.
- Extract Controllers now longer has an expression error on foot roll effects.
- The anchor size of the Controllers can now be set to 0% without generating an expression error.
- Fixed the Time remap tool.
- The parent used in a Parent contraint can now be scaled to 0% without generating an expression error.
- Fixed a bunch of minor bugs, stability improved.
- Overall stability improved (especially regarding composition names and links accross compositions).
- Chinese translation, thanks to eZioPan.
- Re-implemented the Lock Property tool from Duik 15 (in the constraints panel, Standard and Expert mode only).
- The Effector layer is now created as a guide layer.
- 2D Camera no longer crashes if there’s no active composition.
- Extract controllers no longer fails when launched from the additionnal panel of the tool.
- Extract controllers and other tools are more robust and should throw less errors in unusual cases.
- IK/FK Switch now works with controllers extracted from a precomposition.
- Walk Cycle now works with controllers extracted from a precomposition.
- Some labels could not be translated in the User Interface and stayed in English. This is now fixed and everything should be translated in upcoming versions.
- Fixed some stability issues, and made some small performance improvements.
- Fixed the tools not working if the composition is selected from the project panel and the composition in the viewer is not the same.
- Duik now really imports correctly Wonderunit Storyboarder files made with the latest version.
- Duik now imports correctly Wonderunit Storyboarder files made with the latest version.
- Duik now checks for updates and reads the news only once a day.
- The Framing guides are now created as guide layers.
- There is no longer any error when the serveur for news and updates is unavailable.
- Fixed the Connector used with a master property which has one dimension only.
- The Select Keyframes now works like the other tools, in a single click with an additionnal panel for the settings
- Parent Accross Comps now locks and hides the locators
- Changed controllers’ label
- Changed structures’ label
- Structures are selected after duplication
- The scale of Structures is now locked
- The Connector now detects the same pre-existing effects and uses them instead of creating new ones
- Parent Accross Comps now creates a single locator instead of one locator per child.
- Completed French translation
- Completed Documentation (but without screenshots, and still needs more details)
- Fixed performance issue with the Copy/paste anim (when reversed keyframes is checked).
- Fixed Select Keyframes tool with properties with separated dimensions.
- Fixed translations loading
- Fixed the Arm Autorig without shoulder
- Fixed Autorig on previously duplicated Strucutures
- Fixed the list not getting the initial value of the property
- Fixed the Autorig not detecting the side of the legs
- Fixed Add Bones freezing when selecting non spatial properties or groups
- Fixed Position Constraint which now works correctly even with parenting on the constrained layer.
- Fixed the automatic position of shoulders with the Autorig
- Fixed the neck and shoulder rotating away from their original orientation with the Autorig
- Fixed the Autorig run on duplicated structures
- Removed debug alert when using the Wiggle on single dimensionnal properties
- Huge performance improvement at startup, with help from Lars Jandel (again).
- The Auto-rig is smarter: it can rig a mix between predefined limbs and custom structures
- UI tweaks
- Fixed Bezier IK and Spine Auto-rig strange behavior
- Extract Controllers now able to extract all controllers, including the ones which are parented to any other layer, thanks to the new Parent Accross Comps tool.
- You now have the option to use null layers for controllers instead of shape layers (Standard and Expert modes only)
- Duik can now be launched without the “File and network access” preference (but with limited features and without icons).
- All dialogs at first start have been removed to be included in the main panel of Duik itself.
- Duik now checks for updates at startup (like previous versions)
- The help panel now includes “news” and “about” tabs to know more about Duik and Rainbox.
- The user guide and contextual help have been updated with a lot of new documentation.
- The Calculator has been removed.
- Lots of UI tweaks and improvements
- Animation Panel: the ease slider now automatically change linear keyframes to bezier with velocity set to 0.
- Clicking the Autorig & IK button no longer crashes Duik when there are no active composition.
- Duik should now work properly in Mac OS with network sessions (?). Please confirm if it’s your case ;)
- Fixed startup in Mac OS.
- Fixed file extensions with exports in Mac OS
- Exporting to Audition with transcoding now works in Mac OS
- Duplicate Structures easily with a single button.
- Export and Import Animations re-implemented from Duik 15.
- Wonder Unit Storyboarder now handles PSD boards.
- Looper now has a parameter to set the number of keyframes to loop.
- Several FK Over IK improvements (A checkbox to disable Automatic Follow Through, animate the goal in the individual controls…)
- Legs rigged with the Autorig and a foot roll can now be switched to FK. This is a huge improvement for walk cycle animations: as soon as the foot leaves the ground, you can swith to FK and animate very simply the rotations of the leg.
- Position Constraint: default weight to 0% to prevent layers from “jumping” away when setting the constraint.
- Import Animation: option to offset the values from the current ones.
- Import Animation: option to import all property values, or only the properties with keyframes.
- Import Animation: filters on property types: import only the position, or rotation, or shapes, or everything…
- Import Animation: option to replace existing animation or just add the new keyframes
- Copy/Paste Animation: option to offset the values from the current ones.
- Copy/Paste Animation: option to replace existing animation or just add the new keyframes
- Copy/Paste Animation: option to reverse keyframes
- Fixed the keyboard shortcuts for the Bones button in the options panel.
- Bones: tangents width for the bones created on shapes (CC2018) is now adjusted with the size parameter of the bone.
- Bones have better names when the name is too long.
- Fixed locator names in the Parent Accross Comps tool
- Fixed the character encoding issue in the contextual help on Macintosh
- Several Walk Cycle fixes
- Contextual Help: Shift+Click on any tool to get some help.
- Animation blender is a new tool to animate using markers to trigger animations. Setup a composition with some animations and the Animation Blender, and then you just have to add some markers on the controller to trigger the animations, with an optionnal nice blending between each animation and the ability to loop them.
- Framing Guides in the Camera panel: creates handy guides in the composition to help your framing and image composition (safe frames, thirds, fibonnacci, isometric perspective…)
- Parent accross comps is a simple way to parent a layer to another one in a parent composition, or in a precomposition, using locators and expressions.
- 2D Camera: new controls for predefined behaviours. Easily simulate a shoulder mount, a camera hold by hand, or on a tripod, with shake controls.
- Re-implemented the translation framework, and added French translation. It is now possible to add new translations to Duik. More details about this will be available on the wiki soon.
- Re-implemented Export to Audition from Duik 15. Export to Audition now transfers audio levels keyframes too!
- Wiggle: you can now control the complexity of the wiggle (octaves and mutliplier) and manually set a Random Seed to keep the same wiggle accross layers.
- UX/UI tweaks and improvements, stability improved.
- Effector set to infinite line is no longer reversed.
- Changing colors of controllers with Duik no longer freezes Duik.
- Locking In and Out ease in the animation panel now automatically adjust values according to the latest modification (on In or Out ease).
- Fixed the bad issue where sometimes the After Effects dialog windows would freeze Duik (and all the other scripts), and then display the “Can not run a script while a modal dialog is waiting for response” error when trying to launch any script again (based on an idea by Lars Jandel).
- Walk Cycle: the first procedural animation is available.
- The keyframe types button in the Animation panel can now be used to create keyframes on all animated properties.
- Extract controllers automatically from a precomp to your main composition, and animate outside of the precomposed character. Scale, flip, flop the character as you need. With After Effects > 15.1, extracted controllers can use Master Properties to be able to animate several instances of the same rig, in the same project.
- The Auto-rig is now smart enough to detect what you need if you’re applying it to something else than predefined Structures. The IK and FK buttons have been removed from the Rookie UI mode, and moved into the Auto-rig options in the Standard and Expert modes.
- A new automation, the Looper allows to add both a loopIn and a loopOut on several properties at once, and control them with an animatable effect. The loops can be of the standard three types: “Cycle”, “Offset, “Ping Pong”, and “Continue”.
- The Effector now has two modes: Circle or Infinite line.
- You can now import your traditionnal animations from Krita, just export them as CSV!
- Huge performance improvement. A lot of work have been made to make Duik run faster (especially the Structure creation and Autorig).
- Structures, Bones, and Controllers are now created with their quality set to “Draft” to improve performance in After Effects.
- FK Overlap now has individual controls for layers.
- FK Overlap option to (not)inherit the rotation of the parent layer.
- FK Overlap over IK. When an IK is created, the checkbox to deactivate IK activates individual FK controls as well as a Follow-Through & Overlap control.
- Added a checkbox to show/hide handles for the curvation of Bezier IK. They are now hidden by default.
- Added an individual control for the toes rotation in the Foot roll
- Add Bones is smarter: it will search for properties (with a priority for puppet pins) if there are no property selected.
- Add Bones adds nice effects when used on shapes, to allow the deletion of unneeded control layers afterwards.
- You can use an Orientation Constraint to create what was called the IK Goal in Duik 15, with much more possibilities.
- You can now link dimensions when using the Random tool on values.
- The data displayed in the IK effects is improved. The IK length is now computed in FK too, to be able to use it with the connector more reliably than using the Structure rotation.
- The Connector now automatically populates the “min” and “max” values based on the actual animation of the master property.
- A lot UI adjustments and improvements
- FK Overlap now working correctly with a parent.
- Bezier IK curve controller now created at a correct size, depending on the settings of the controllers.
- Walk Cycle now works better when there’s no layer selected.
- The Auto-Rig for legs with foot roll now works when the structures have been rotated before running the Auto-Rig.
- The Search and Replace tool has been fixed.
- Rookie Mode: An easy-to-use interface for beginners. Note: Duik will automatically switch to this mode on first start, go to the settings to set it again to standard or expert mode.
- Animation: IK/FK Snap and switch.
- IK (2 and 3 layers): rotation values are improved to prevent a “jump” in some cases. The rotation value on the upper part of the limb will now have a 360° jump in the opposite direction than its orientation when the IK is created.
- IK (2 and 3 layers): the “reverse” option in the effec of the controller have been moved unearthed to be more accessible.
- Structures: Use Alt+Click to assign a random color on creation.
- Bones: Use Alt+Click to assign a random color on creation.
- Bones: Use Ctrl+Click to create bones for vertices only, and not tangents (Quicker in case the shape does not use tangents).
- UI Tweaks. Lots of invisible tweaks.
- Some performance improvements (especially with some expressions in the Structures).
- List: no more error when applying on a spatial property (but spatial tangents will be lost)
- FK Overlap now works better even when the root has a parent.
- FK Overlap tool, very useful for tails and ropes (or even arms)!
- Re-implemented tools from Duik15: Camera Rig, Scale Z-Link, Import TVPaint Camera
- The Auto-rig now rigs tails.
- The Auto-rig now rigs digitigrades (cats and dogs…).
- The Auto-rig now rigs ungulates (cattle, sheeps…).
- Controllers scale locked on creation
- Controllers new shapes available
- Controllers: Slider, 2D Slider and Angle controllers now split in two layers: the actual control and a background. No more need to double click to animate them.
- Randomize UI updated to new UI style
- Expert Mode UI improvements
- Structures rotation and scale are now reset to 0 and 100% before applying IK/autorig
- Bezier IK not selecting the controller at the end of the creation.
- Bezier IK handles now working even when guides are hidden
- Orientation Constraint now working even if the constrained layer has a parent.
- WonderUnit Storyboarder file import
- Implemented 2D Camera (renamed the 2D Multiplane from Duik 15)
- 2D Camera: Ability to add a layer (just duplicate any existing layer)
- Implemented the Autorig (legs, arms, spine but not tails or custom structures/layers yet)
- User Interface has been polished | The Expert mode might still have some issues which will be fixed later
- Layers created by Duik are now tagged with a marker. The marker can be renamed by the user, but cannot be removed: some data is stored internally to help Duik identify the layers and compute stuff.
- Bezier IK the “curve” controller is now a position controller.
- Removed the Attachment Constraint which did not work as expected. Use the other constraints instead.
- Prepared Wonder Unit Storyboarder file import.
- Animation Kleaner to clean the keyframes. Includes the Smart interpolations and Spatial Interpolations tools from previous Alpha versions.
- Connector able to connect to “fake” layer sequences using layer opacities (very powerful tool)
- UX: (clicking on the tab buttons sets the default panel - closes the current tool - for the tab)
- Connector UX/UI small improvements
- UI: Improved animation panel (separated keyframe tools and animation tools)
- Better naming conventions for controllers, bones, structures…
- Effector now works when re-using an existing controller layer.
- Randomize for properties and keyframes
- Connector when connecting a parent with an expression.
- Connector when connecting shapes and other unusual properties.
- IK when the root has a parent
- Bones on shapes with CC2018
- Keyframe selection tool (in the animation tab) to easily batch select keyframes by type or by layers.
- Re-implemented tools from Duik 15: Rename, Search and replace, Measure.
- Simplification of the usage of the slider, 2D slider and angle controllers: the effect on the layer has been simplified and some explanations added; a keyframe is automatically added on the right property.
- Several UI adjustments